1. We believe the Bible to be inspired by the Holy Spirit and is infallible in its teachings.
2. We believe the Godhead to exist in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ as the ONLY begotten Son of God, His Virgin Birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His redeeming work on Calvary, Resurrection and His personal return.
4. We believe that people receive salvation through Faith in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that the essential baptism is that of the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit enables the Christian to live a Godly life.
7. We believe all "Born-Again Believers" are Children of God.
Friends, often known as Quakers, are a historic Christian denomination. Founded by George Fox in 1647, the group soon spread to America, where there are over 130,000 members across the United States.
The Friends derive their names from the words of Christ as recorded in John 15:15, "I have called you Friends."
The Friends Church is orthodox and evangelical in its position on all the great beliefs of the church. We accept the doctrines of the Apostolic church and distinctively emphasize the truth that the Holy Spirit enlightens every heart to reveal its condition and makes the individual sense the need of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
South Fork Firends is a group of people who loves God and honors Christ as Savior and Lord. We regard the Scripture as a rule of conduct for our lives.
While we are in agreement with the historic beliefs of the church, we insist that these beliefs should never become static, as merely articles of faith to be subscribed to, but should be dynamic in the lives of God's people, alived out in the world.
South Fork is a part of Atlantic Friends Christian Ministries, a new organization with the hope to help disciples make new disciples, leaders mentor new leaders, and churches plant new churches.